Overview: This workshop-style course will teach you how to build powerful SharePoint business solutions without having to engage in any custom development. You will be amazed at how far you can take things with Office 365 and SharePoint Online just using the out-of-the-box features and functionality. This course is designed for the experienced business user who wants to re-engineer business processes using SharePoint Online in the Office 365 environment.
- Overview of new app-centric user interface in SharePoint Online and Customizations.
- Learn workflow architecture in SharePoint Online utilizing Out-of-the-Box tools.
- Develop and Surface solutions for business data using Power BI and Excel Services in Office 365.
Course Registration Includes: 3-days of instructor led discussion, Hands-on Office 365 labs and eBook.
- MODULE 1 INTRODUCTION OF OFFICE 365 INTERFACES AND NO-CODE APPS
- MODULE 2 WORKFLOW ARCHITECTURE USING OFFICE 365 APPS
- MODULE 3 DEVELOPING BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
MODULE 1: OFFICE 365 INTERFACES AND APPS
The first day of the course introduces students to Office 365 services. Get updated on the new app-centric user interface of SharePoint Online. Learn how to customize lists and documents libraries by creating and adding site columns and contents types.
MODULE 2: WORKFLOW ARCHITECTURE USING OFFICE 365 APPS
Learn how to use InfoPath 2013 and PowerApps to customize the forms to display and manipulate data from SharePoint list and other data sources. Learn workflow architecture in SharePoint Online and discover a new sense of power when creating custom workflows with SharePoint Designer 2013 and Microsoft Flow.
MODULE 3: DEVELOPING BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
Learn how to visualize business data using the services you use every day. Power BI and Excel Services and the course concludes with an examination of the techniques and strategies to expose content on SharePoint pages.
Before attending this course:
- Students MUST UNDERSTAND and have used the browser to work with SharePoint site components. This includes Lists, Libraries, Content Types, Site Columns, and Permissions. The course expects students to be able to create and manage SharePoint components using the browser with minimal instructions, including the creation of content in a variety of list and library types.
- Students MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE identifying aspects of their organization’s requirements to a collection of activities and tasks that map to specific business processes.
- IDEALLY students need some business experience related to mapping a business process using a mapping tool and experience of programming logic, such as, you might find in Microsoft Excel.